Monday, May 2, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! I'm so glad you're here! Come in, and try not to get lost.

When I first heard the word blog, and its origins (web log) I thought of a starship or some sort of space cruiser about to crash, and recording their last moments on a similar contraption. I don't suppose that's what I'm doing now, nor do I think that all bloggers are captains of doomed spaceships or rockets. After following many blogs on a range of subjects (photography, movies, crafts, books, and random musings) I decided that it would be an experience to have a blog. I thought that it would be a good thing to have on my bucket list (which I haven't made yet) and to check off (even though said bucket list doesn't exist). Needless to say or maybe needful, depending on your perspective, I have no idea what this is about. Hence the title: Seemingly Irrelevant or maybe not. Are you still confused? So am I. Let me explain it to myself (you may listen in).

I found a quote by Edgar Allen Poe justifying my blog and the reasons for starting it (one of those reasons not being that it was on my nonexistent bucket list).

"Experience has shown, and a true philosophy will always show, that a vast, perhaps the larger portion of the truth arises from the seemingly irrelevant."

Thus justifying my blog. Eventually it will make something of itself, or wither and die away with or without some significance. Perhaps my collection of insignificant and irrelevant somethings (yet to be determined) will have an underlying importance or universal truth to it. Understand?

(I see you shaking your head along with me. I completely understand your feelings of confusion, and I share them. Maybe you and I should stick around, and find out what this is all about. Or maybe we, or just me, or maybe only you, will find another, more exciting diversion and leave, depart, forget about, or not take with you in your mind, this blog. I would not blame us (or me, or just you) one bit. TTFN my good sirs and madams! Until we meet on a doomed space cruiser (or blog) once again! )

No comments:

Post a Comment